Translate

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Eid Mubarak!

Raw coated plaintains
Eid is here, I thought I would share my Ghanaian plantains recipe. In Tanzania we just fry the plantains as is or cook them with coconut milk(will share this recipe soon), but a recent visit to a Ghanaian friend of mine, opened my eyes to the many things you can do to a plantain. So here is the recipe with a little twist.

-4 Ripe plantains 
-2-3 Tablespoons of crushed ginger
-1 Tablespoon of crushed garlic
-1 Tablespoon of chilli powder
-salt to taste
-Olive oil

Directions:
Cut the plantains into small round circles, coat it with the mixed ingredients above, and here comes my twist, you bake it. The amount of olive oil used is just enough to coat your bananas. If you are going to fry your plantains then you don't need to coat it with olive oil.

Put them out and they will be gone before you know it.Enjoy!




1 comment: